Thursday, September 30, 2010

This Week's Gem

So, I'm 5'10". I'm definitely taller than your average woman. And I'm about 1 inch taller than your average man.

This comes with certain advantages and disadvantages. I don't get as pissed off when someone sits in the seat in front of me at the movies. I can reach things that my roommate can't (which comes in very handy). If there were to be a flood, I might fare better than those shorter than I. It's science.

There are, however, some drawbacks to Amazon-hood, most of which having to do with the fact that we live in a society where men are supposed to be BIG AND STRONG AND ABLE TO LEAP TALL BUILDINGS IN A SINGLE BOUND but women are supposed to be tiny and frail and easily overpowered.

Thus, the ideology of this suitor:

What a damn pity.

(I'm sure that I would also be too fat, too loud, too opinionated, and too self-serving.)

Also problematic: "everyone sucks so I guess you're here;" the usage of the R word (and as an adverb, no less); and signing off with a polite "eff you."

But have no fear, for there is a second explanation for this lovely boy's ramblings:

WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE ME ALONE?!

Regards,
The Gentle Giant

2 comments:

  1. What part of his message to you was supposed to entice you? If there was anything in there, I sure as hell missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh Breenah, it's obviously that he's looking for just friends (BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!). So, be enticed by this dude being totally unlike other dudes.

    Totally.

    ReplyDelete