Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Slutz

Unfortunately, I now have a boyfriend. Though not technically a boyfriend, as we're not Facebook official and he says to "call it whatever you want, labels suck". Call it societal influence or maybe just my vagina crying out for much-needed attention, but I find myself having to rage on men less. Or maybe mostly, guys don't contact taken girls on OKCupid.

Today, and by today I mean yesterday because I've yet to sleep, is Halloween. I no longer understand what some people want. The same men expect women to be sexy, and then accuse them of being slutty for dressing up in revealing clothing with friends. I'm sure women would agree that they have the right to dress as they wish without harassment, but have no issue assuming some sort of promiscuity (as if there's any issue with that anyways) and sling insults when other women have fun.

And I give you Facebook.


I'm disappointed in my gender, too. Maybe "Je" has self esteem issues that cause her to lash out on other women, or maybe she's one of those people who agrees that slutty girls deserve to have terrible things happen to them.

All I know is that as long as women (and men too) perpetuate this bullshit, we'll never be equal, we will be judged, and we will never feel entirely safe.

1 comment:

  1. Please let it be known that the "Jo" commenting here is not me.

    That would be gross.

    ReplyDelete